- Write a humorous caption for photos of Japanese culture and life. Four photos will be displayed each month (Two photos every two weeks).
- Anyone, regardless of their Japanese language level, can enter.
- The best and funniest captions will be selected by Hiragana Times.
- Eight of the best captions (two per photo) will be published in the English/Japanese magazine Hiragana Times. www.hiraganatimes.com
- The writer of the funniest caption each month will receive 5,000 yen.
- You may enter as many captions as you like.
- Entries have to be written in Glomaji (Global Romaji) and be no longer than 140 characters (just like Twitter). If you fail to keep to these rules, you will not be eligible for the best caption competition. * Glomaji is the form of romaji used when inputting Japanese into a PC with Roman characters. www.glomaji.com/guidelines
- our caption will be vetted by the administrators before it’s displayed online; if they judge the content to be unsuitable, your submission will not be displayed.
- If you miss the deadline, your caption will not be displayed.
How to enter a comment
Click “comment” and write your name, email address and your caption for the contest in the comment box in 140 characters (just like Twitter) in Glomaji. After the caption write your nationality in parentheses. If you fail to provide this information, you will not be selected for the prize. You do not have to explain in English.